Books on the Square is proud to support local authors through a consignment program that enables authors to sell their books in our store. We are a small independent bookstore and therefore we have some limitations on the consignments that we are able to accept.
In order for us to consider your book, you must first leave a copy for us to review along with our Consignment Request Form that will provide us with information that will enable us to make an informed decision.
- Titles accepted for consignment are limited to authors in our immediate area.
- Books must be printed in a professional manner, and the title and author should be listed on the spine of the book.
- The author is responsible with providing us with the books and for any publicity and/or social media promoting the book.
- The author is responsible for listing links to local bookstores that stock their titles on their social media sites.
- 70% of the retail price is paid to the author after the titles are sold.
- Consignments are paid out in January and July.
- If the book sells out early, then we will pay for those that sold and request more copies.
- Any unsold books must be picked up within 60 days of the end of the consignment period. Books left longer than 60 days will be donated.
- Books must be picked up Monday – Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Any other arrangements for pick up must have prior approval.